How we teach and support
Our entire teaching staff is dedicated to the detail and we want to ensure every child achieves to their own potential.
This means ensuring we have a robust system of teaching and support that not only caters to the average (or middle student) – but also the advanced student or the student that needs some extra support.
For learning to take place we need to ensure that every child feels safe, happy and confident within themselves – and so a huge emphasis is placed on a strong wellbeing and support program that achieves just that!
To support student learning, reading intervention programs are provided across the school. The Levelled Literacy Intervention (LLI) program is undertaken for students achieving below expected levels in Reading in Years 1 and 2 and implemented by Education Support Staff.
Kinder to Foundation Transition
The Preptastic Program is a transition program designed to assist children with the transition from Kindergarten/Childcare to Primary School. The program aims to get children and parents familiar with our school facilities, meet the foundation teachers and experience fun, engaging learning activities that introduce them to the environment and structure of school. The Program typically runs for seven weeks, in the fourth term of the previous year to the child starting School. Children will spend one hour a week at school participating in many different activities including Art, Music, Library, Physical Education and Classroom activities. The program has proven in previous years to be a huge success, preparing children for the many years of learning ahead.
Year 6 to Year 7 Transition
At Park Ridge Primary School we acknowledge that students at all levels need to feel safe and secure in their learning environment in order to learn effectively. We recognise the challenges associated with moving from Year 6 to Year 7. To ensure a smooth and enjoyable movement for students and families out of our school, through the provision of appropriate transition program, our school will:
– develop and maintain strong links between Park Ridge Primary School and Rowville Secondary College as part of the transition process
– provide the Assistant Principal (well-being) time to coordinate and manage the enrolment process to secondary school
– follow the enrolment process and current procedures as detailed by the Department of Education and Training – provide time for transition co-ordinators from both government and non-government secondary colleges – to meet with their future students and their Year 6 teachers upon request
– complete relevant documentation of student information for future secondary schools
– provide information about secondary school information nights and visits to parents / carers
– provide opportunities for students to visit their future secondary school.
Start With Our Online Tour →
We have produced some teaser videos below but the best way to meet us is to register and watch the full videos
Isn't it time we got to know each other?
Take our online VIDEO TOUR or book a SCHOOL TOUR!
Meet our principal, teachers, current students, parents, learn about our curriculum opportunities and tips for a smooth start to school.